The cayenne pepper is a type of Capsicum annum. It is usually a moderately hot chili pepper used to flavor dishes. Cayenne is a very popular pepper that is used in a variety of dishes and flavorings.
HOW TO MAKE HOT SAUCE FROM CHILI POWDER
- 4 tablespoons chili powder , you can use a mixture
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional Additions: 1 teaspoon or more of onion powder cumin, dried basil, dried oregano, etc.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust for salt and vinegar. Add more water or vinegar for a thinner sauce.
- You can use the sauce as-is at this point, or heat it in a small pot. Simmer for 10 minutes to let the flavors develop even more.
- Cool, bottle and enjoy.